1) Welcome to this workshop where we will make a Drop-Shoulder Polo Sweater together step-by-step. Start here:
2) And now we’ll fill in your pattern by using your calculator memory.
3) Time to cast on and knit the back of the sweater. Cast on and knit the front part way . . .
4) Where and how do you bind off the front placket stitches plus a few handy tips.
5) How to shape the front of your crew neck with the placket hole in place.
6) Knit the front and back shoulder edges together with a 3-needle or “2 needles and a hook” bind-off. It eliminates a seam.
7) Learn to use the “More-or-Less-Right Formula” which Meg Swansen once said was “worth the price of the book [Sweater 101] unto itself.”
8) Use the “More-or-Less-Right Formula” to chart your sleeves and learn to pick up and knit along the armhole edge.
9) You sew the main(underarm and sleeve) seams.
10) Work in the yarn ends.
11) Pick up and knit the button band.
12) Sew on the buttons. Learn to make a thread shank if you need one.
13) Now knit the buttonhole band, lining up the buttonholes with the buttons.
14) Pick up and knit the collar.
15) The last of the details and your sweater is done!